What your council does
- Looks after the interests of the community and its inhabitants.
- Acts as a consultee for planning applications within the parish.
- Contracts the grass cutting for the Village Greens and various roadside verges.
- Manages and maintains the play area on Hargill Road.
- Provides Grit Bins (Church Close and Village Hall).
- Provides and maintains a number of bench seats at various locations around the village.
What the council does not do:
- Make decisions on planning applications.
- Manage the village hall.
- Supply & deliver salt grit to regular grit bins - contact NYCC 01609 780780.
- Potholes and Highway drains - contact NYCC 01609 780780.
- Street Lighting – contact NYCC 01609 780780.
- Collect household refuse, recycled waste and garden waste - contact RDC 01748 829100.
- Pest and rodent control – contact RDC 01748 829100.
- Stray animals - contact RDC 01748 829100.
- Dog fouling fines - contact RDC 01748 829100.
- Manage Your Parish Cemetery.